Terms & Conditions Searchmetrics Academy Shop
Terms & Conditions for the Searchmetrics Academy
Version December 18th, 2014
The Searchmetrics Academy consists of the following components:
The Searchmetrics Academy Webshop available under: http://academy-shop.searchmetrics.com
The Searchmetrics Academy Platform available under: http://academy.searchmetrics.com
Both components constitute the service of the Searchmetrics Academy, which is brought to you by:
Greifswalder Straße 212
DE 10405 Berlin
Managing Director: Matt Colebourne
HRB 111340 B / USt-ID DE814841328
By using the Searchmetrics Academy Webshop (https://searchmetrics.myshopify.com) or the Serchmetrics Academy Platform (http://academy.searchmetrics.com/), which together constitute the Searchmetrics Academy (“Service”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service"). Searchmetrics will not accept deviating terms or conditions unless Searchmetrics GmbH has explicitly agreed to them in writing. In addition to this Terms of Service Searchmetrics’ general business terms and conditions (AGB) do apply.
Searchmetrics reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools, courses and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account.
Usage and Validity of the certification
- You agree to use the Service at your own risk. Searchmetrics does not guarantee whatsoever availability or accessibility of the Service.
- To access the Searchmetrics Academy Platform you must own an account at the Searchmetrics Academy Webshop and purchase the respective certification level (“Course”). Upon completion of the Course purchase you will be provided access to the Searchmetrics Academy Platform.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- The Service is only for individuals on behalf of their companies or professional end users and not for private or consumer end users.
- You must provide your legal full name, company name, full address, a valid email address, as well as a VAT registration number (*if required) and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- It is mandatory that the information you are providing is correct. Incorrect information lead to incorrect invoices. Searchmetrics GmbH reserves the right to charge an additional administrative fee if an invoice needs to be adapted based on willfully wrong information.
- A login may only be used by one person - a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Searchmetrics GmbH cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Users will have 8 weeks to complete the certification after signing up to a Course.
- After successful completion of the Course curriculum, certificates achieved will have a validity of one year, commencing on the day where the certification test was passed successfully.
Payment and Refunds
- Payment for the courses can be done using the PayPal payment gateway.
- The Service is billed in advance and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partially completed Courses or refunds for Courses unused with an open account.
- For customers based in Germany value added tax (VAT) is added to the net price of each Course.
- For customers outside of Germany, all fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.